What do you think is the most competitive 3D printer in today’s time? Customers, while purchasing a 3D printer, get confused about the product’s specifications and to know which product is better on a broader level. Especially when it comes between Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer and the Snapmaker 3D Printer. To make things clear and smooth for you, we have presented the review article on the Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer and the Snapmaker 3D Printer; along with their features, specifications, and pros & cons. So, let’s get started!
|Snapdragon 3D printer
|#6,534 in Amazon Launchpad
|#74 in 3D printer
|Polylactic Acid, Metal
|Windows, Mac and Linux
Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer
The very quick, easy and powerful Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer is widely preferred for making Wood, craft, leather, fabric and DIY. It’s an ultimate hobby laser cutting and engraving machine. Developed by the experts through some advanced technologies, Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer provides you with reality within minutes. It helps you in creating picture frames, wallets and also furniture by using materials like leather and wood.
The company, Glowforge is known for creating the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history. They developed amazing products in all categories such as gifts, home decor and many others. This 3D printer is absolutely safe and easy to use, even for children. It’s widely utilized for business purposes because of its advanced features and specifications. With Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer, you can create stunning 3D engraved products, create home decor products, create gifts for your family and friends and can even make products for business. Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer believes in providing you with the immense power to develop your kinds of products. It acts as your personal boutique, a sandbox for inventions and the perfect way to furnish your surroundings.
- Automated Service: Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer comes with fully automated print settings along with the settings of material detention, autofocus, PDF or photo, just pick your drawing and many others. The customers can add one of the dozens of housing materials and just click on the “Print” button to proceed.
- Laser precision along with Dozens of materials: Another very interesting and innovative feature of Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer is its laser precision. It develops material precisely to the width of a human hair with a carve of 1/2″ deep, 11″ tall and 19.5″ wide and more than 1,300 lines per inch. You can engrave and print amazing products of all categories including gifting and household products, using materials like fabric, leather, wood, acrylic, glass, metal, cardboard and most surprisingly, even chocolate.
- Very easy functioning: Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer is pretty easy to manage. You just have to push the button and its strong 40-watt laser starts working on creating your desired gifts for family and friends, distinct household products for decoration, or anything that you want personalized. The printers work for all purposes.
- Easy Set-up and free software: Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer is absolutely easy to set up as the users do not have to instal anything additionally and the software that it runs on, is also free of cost. It has a free app that comes with it and works pretty well on any of your devices such as windows, Mac, Android and others. And it hardly takes 30 minutes to set up.
- Absolutely Safe and Secured: Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer is absolutely safe to use, even for children as well. The only CDRH Class 1 Lasercutter and engraver. Also, it is well tested to CE, UL, FDA and DCC standards for precaution purposes.
Pros and Cons
Snapmaker 3D Printer
A very advanced 2.0 A model, Snapmaker 3D Printer is a 3-in-1 product that comes with the features of Laser Engraving, 3D printing, CNC Carving. It’s an all-metal, auto-levelling with working volume support of around 320×350×330mm. Snapmaker 3D Printer holds a powerful and expandable modular system. The company Snapmaker store is famous for offering smooth and one-stop shopping. Snapmaker 3D Printer comes with advanced and innovative settings. The company provides a simple and easy solution to enable 3D printing, CNC carving and laser engraving features and combine these into a high-quality product.
Snapmaker 3D Printer provides auto levelling equipped with a vicinity sensor and its advanced 2.0 version can automatically calibrate the heated bed. Aside from this, a filament runout sensor is present that helps in the detection of filament status and pause if the filament runs out. One of the best parts is the power loss recovery, which helps to instantly resume the paused work after the power outage. Besides these, features of autofocus camera capture and many others are available.
- Huge Workspace: Snapmaker 3D Printer comes in three models: A150, A250 and A350. The users can very easily create large prototypes or can also create various small objects at once. A150 comes with a volume of 160 × 160 × 145 mm and the A250 of 230 × 250 × 235 mm and at last, the A350 provides a much larger build volume with the measurements of 320 × 350 × 330 mm.
- Advanced 3-in-1: Snapmaker 3D Printer has a modular 3-in-1 setting that helps in unlocking your full creative potential, from 3D printing to laser engraving, cutting and the CNC craving. This 2.0 model is much more smart, innovative, fast, large and very strong as compared to previous models. It’s an advantageous next-generation 3-in-1 3D printer that offers everything you desire.
- High Performance: Snapmaker 3D Printer is designed with high-precision parts and an upgraded advanced design. This model can consistently engrave, print, carve and cut objects in a very high resolution. The machine functions continuously with a frequency of 0.005 mm and a homing of 0.01mm.
- Modular Design: Snapmaker 3D Printer can easily be upgraded and customised. It’s not just some machine but actually, designed with a lot more powerful modules and add-ons for innovative minds. Along with this, you can enjoy the new features through the new modules and kits in hand.
- Multiple usage software: Snapmaker 3D Printer has a 3-in-1 software that is specifically made for the Snapmaket machines. It helps in multi-tasking and results in a great outcome. With the connection of the plugin system, API and tutorials, it can very easily enable access to new and advanced features. Besides, you can also customize the features according to you through the modules.
- Autofocus: Snapmaker 3D Printer comes with an incredible feature of autofocus which provides different engraving results at different laser heights, which are shown without any continuous testing for a focal point. Its optimal laser heights are mainly used in the automated mode.
Pros and Cons
Both Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer and the Snapmaker 3D Printer are highly competitive ad advanced 3D printers. The main difference between these two are, the Snapdragon 3D printer acts as a multi-purpose printer such as laser engraving, 3D printing and CNC carving whereas the Glowforge Plus 3D Laser only has a single usage of laser engraving. Therefore, Snapdragon printers are the right buyer’s choice as being both convenient and multi-tasking. The price of this printer is also pretty affordable and the company provides a commitment to its customers to keep on upgrading.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I get the final details and information regarding both the printers?
A: We briefed you about both the printers with ts features and pros & cons, but in case you want to get into more details about the Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer and the Snapmaker 3D Printer, you can visit their official websites and also, reach out to their significant company employees or community member.
Q: Are these both, Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer and the Snapmaker 3D Completely completely 3D?
A: Well, to the best of knowledge, neither of these printers is completely 3D printers.although the Snapdragon printer does have an extrusion based 3D printing module along with the features of CNC carving and laser engraving. But, Glowforge lacks such advanced features, it’s a full laser engraving machine.
Q: Are these both, Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer and the Snapmaker 3D Printer user-friendly machine?
A: Both of these printers have advanced level software controls that are signed in such a way that the users can start right there opening their box. Although the Snapdragon 3D printer does take a bit longer to enable its functioning while the Glowforge Plus 3D Laser printer is entirely controlled with the help of mobile applications. In order to get started, you just have to trend the first session after which it’s very easy to use and control.